Saturday, May 25, 2013

Button Heart

Alex said to me last night, 'Hey, do you want to do arts & crafts tonight?' I thought he was making fun of me but he truly wanted to go to a craft store, buy some stuff, and make a painting. We've talked about taking an art class for a date night and Alex thought why not just do it at home! What a great man I have =) So I browsed my 'Someday I'll Do This' board on Pinterest and found this little guy that's been waiting a long time. Button Burlap Heart. We went to Michael's and bought our supplies. Now I still have the very beginnings of a crafty person. Meaning I have 1 paintbrush and some sharpies. So I had to by the basic supplies too.

Canvas
Black Paint
Felt (instead of burlap)
Buttons
Masking Tape
Glue Gun
Glue Sticks

1. Tape off lines. I just did mine every 2 inches

2. Paint



3. While canvas dries, cut felt or burlap into heart & hot glue buttons on. I went around the edge first and continued this way until it was full. Then I glued buttons on top of buttons to cover up most of the white felt peeking through. I learned that I'm quite the amateur hot gluer. I burned my fingers multiple times and there is quite a bit of hot glue peeking from behind the buttons.


4. Once the canvas is dry, remove taped off lines. Hot glue heart onto canvas
5. I then used a fine tipped sharpie to write in the ME + YOU





I'm pretty pleased with my first canvas art! Alex painted a very impressive picture of a fox which I will share once he's completely done!



No comments:

Post a Comment